I had to make this update because I wanted to use the new Apple Swift programming language which is only present in Xcode 6+ which requires something close to Yosemite. Had I found an option to update to 10.9 instead, I would have done that.
Overall, the update process was painless. Below is a list of apps that no longer work.
Items That No Longer Work
- All of my wireless passwords have been forgotten, although are still present in the keychain
- Quicksilver had to be reinstalled
- Google Chrome Helper seems to be in bad shape (see image below).
- MVIM does not work!!! Ahhh!!! (fix below)
- Spotify downloaded songs are all gone. (Hopefully deleted from disk and not taking up extra space somewhere)
- Notification center preferences keep resetting to default value (fix below)
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Growl Notifications specifically from Jasmine CLI stopped
Fix MVIM Via Brew Install
Install all 2.49GB of Xcode 6.1 and command line tools
Install Command Line Tools (OS X 10.10) for Xcode 6.1
brew uninstall macvim
brew install macvim
Fix Notification Center Preferences Resetting
Delete the 'Notification Center' from your /Library/Application\/Support/ folder (you can use finder if it's easier)
Open terminal and run the following commands
Restart your computer
Restart your computer a second time
Bad Shape Google Chrome
Apparently, this is a purely cosmetic problem and as such you shouldn't worry about it.
NodeJS, iOS, Swift, MeteorJS, D3, 3D printing, salsa dancing, programming, and being critical of apps. Constantly learning by doing, developing apps on apps on apps.